Front End Developer
We are looking for a Consultant: Front End Developer to join our Data and AI team. As a Consultant: Front End Developer you will work on a variety of client projects focusing on web and application development. Your job will be to bring aesthetics and design to the engineering process. You will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with as well as supporting the back-end engineers who are responsible for service-side and application logic.
What You'll Do
- Design responsive and mobile-friendly web applications
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative work environment alongside with product managers, UX designers, and fellow engineers
- Lead conceptual design sessions with clients
- Design mockup and wireframe prototypes
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technical discussions
- Collaborate with business partners and internal customers
Who You Are (What you'd bring)
- An artist- your main goal is to combine technology and design to create inviting, easy-to-use website for our customers. To accomplish this, you will work directly with clients to develop the overall look and interaction of websites and applications. Write the website code with front end languages, incorporate graphics, audio, video, and a variety of interactive content that fulfills the client’s business objectives.
- Effective communicator – you can draft effective, complete and error free client correspondence. You listen, ask appropriate questions, and know which method of communication is appropriate for each audience. You have good presentation skills and are respectful in all your communication.
- Client and Peer Relationships – you have demonstrated the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with clients and team members to deliver results. You can work with clients in face to face settings as well as virtually. You are respectful, accountable, and self-aware.
- Bias for action – you anticipate client needs and follow up appropriately. You have a bias for action, have a willingness to learn, a high aptitude for perseverance and self-motivation. You show pride in your work and follow through as necessary. You can work independently and on teams. You are proactive to ask for help or guidance as needed.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in commercial UX/UI development
- Experience in leading and driving the application design process including stakeholder interviews, UI/UX prototyping
- Knowledge of software development best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)